Is there a global shift in consciousness? I read some writers who believe it to be true, but I don’t really see it around me. Some people say there is a spiritual evolution occurring. Certainly, people globally are going through rapid changes in their natural and man-made environments and that has to cause personal changes. But it doesn’t mean that there will be an expansion of consciousness.
So, when I read an article about the traits of an awakening soul I am interested and skeptical. Even the most hardened of us probably would like to be considered an empath with an awakening soul.
An article I was reading by Christina Sarich’s gives 21 traits. She writes a blog, Yoga for the New World and her latest book is Pharma Sutra: Healing The Body And Mind Through The Art Of Yoga.
If you’re interested, read the full article, but here’s my bulleted version of the list. How do you rate on the awakening soul traits?
- For you, being in public places is sometimes overwhelming.
- You know things intuitively, perhaps even your dreams are becoming precognitive
- You find watching television or most of mainstream media distasteful.
- You can sense lies.
- You may be able to sense illness in others.
- You root for the underdog, those without voices, those who have been beaten down by the matrix,
- If you don’t learn how to set proper boundaries, you can get tired easily from taking on other people’s emotions.
- Unfortunately, sensitives or empaths often turn to drug abuse or alcohol to block some of their emotions and to ‘protect’ themselves from feeling the pain of others.
- And yet, you are a healer and may practice acupuncture, reiki, Qi-Gong, yoga, massage, midwivery, etc.
- You see the possibilities before others do.
- You are creative.
- You require more solitude than the average person.
- You might get bored easily, but are really good at entertaining yourself.
- You have a difficult time doing things you don’t want to do or don’t really enjoy.
- You are obsessed with bringing the truth to light.
- You lose track of time.
- You hate routine.
- You often disagree with authority.
- You are kind, but not to those egotistical or rude or people who are insensitive to other people’s feelings or points of view.
- You are sensitive to the energy of foods. You may be vegan or vegetarian for that reason.
- Your emotions are visible and it’s hard to pretend to be happy.
These traits of an awakening soul center on awareness. Does this describe you? Does it describe those in the world around you?